Our organization has an opportunity for you to apply your skills in a real world capacity, while helping grow our Future Institute (FI) programs. We are looking for motivated, pursuit-driven individuals with a passion for marketing, social media, public relations, and communications as well as an interest in analytics and logistics. Sound like you? If yes, then you possess the power to help take our programs to the next level! This is a perfect opportunity to acquire in-office marketing team experience too! You will be interacting with the communications, creative, marketing, and academic staff for a well-rounded internship experience.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
1336 Basswood Rd., Schaumburg, IL 60173: Future Institute’s work environment is an office setting and the hours are flexible. Internship length is dependent on school schedule for the right applicant. We prefer applicants to be local to the West/Northwest Chicagoland area or at least Chicagoland vicinity since in-office work is required.
Goal of the Internship:
Implement communications skills and knowledge in a professional setting to expand and enhance Future Institute programs via email, phone, and in-person meetings.
You will work with the organizational teams to support the programs’ strategic objectives, including the following specific duties:
● Contact program participants and communicate program areas
● Monitor program participants’ progress
● Research new partnership opportunities
● Present programs to potential partners and funders
● Research competitive programs, organizations, and competitions
● Assist in developing a logistical plan for the programs and events
● Assist in developing community outreach, gathering data from internal and external resources
● Track and analyze program data
● Design social media and blog graphics (via Canva) and design digital newsletters (via MailChimp)
● Other tasks as assigned
● Pursuing a college degree in Marketing, Business Marketing, English, Journalism (AD/PR) or Communications
● College student
● Graduate student a plus!
● Other majors with a passion for marketing and communications will be considered.
● Strong organizational, logistical, and analytical skills plus a desire to work with data
● Basic marketing knowledge of: SEO, Social Media campaigns, Google AdWords, and Website Analytics
● Strong communication skills, including phone and email as well as quick responsiveness
● Strong writing skills
● Strong presentation skills
● Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
● Attention to detail
● Flexible and capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
● A self-starter with a “find work” attitude
● Ability to work independently and in teams
● Must have an interest in organizing and planning logistics for the events & conferences
● Ability to take direction and work as part of a team
● Energetic and positive attitude a plus
● Excitement to support and grow nonprofit programs
● Desire to ‘own’ the work and lead tasks
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Blog posting and experience with WordPress
● Design experience (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign) a plus
● Interest in education!
There are no employment opportunities at the moment. Please check back later. 🙂